South Coast Waterfalls, Glacier & Black Sand Beach Tour
Phenomenal and scenic wonders await on Iceland’s South Coast. Powerful forces such as volcanoes, glaciers, and the sea molded diverse landscapes featuring looming mountains, countless waterfalls, otherworldly beaches, and much, much more through the years. Natural wonders at its best!
As the famous line from Led Zeppelin’s ‘Immigrant song’ goes, “We come from the land of the ice and snow from the midnight sun, where the hot springs flow”. The lyrics say a lot about Iceland being a country renowned as born of fire and Ice. This will become a reality as you take on this astounding journey toward the Southern Coast. Get ready to be amazed by the glaciers, and volcanoes that will will delight you!
On this day trip from Reykjavík, we will take you to some of the most beautiful and stunning places in all of Iceland. Get ready to be captivated by Seljalandsfoss waterfall, Sólheimajökull glacier, Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach, and Skógafoss waterfall. Not only that, you may have the chance to spot the Hekla Volcano in the distance if it will be a clear day. Something to really look forward to!
This breathtaking coastal route takes you to all the highlights to be found as far east as the small picturesque village of Vík.
This tour is definitely for individuals passionate about nature!
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- Skógafoss Waterfall
- Sólheimajökull Glacier
- Walk and explore in glacier landscape
- Reynisfjara black basalt beach and basalt columns
- Village of Vík and Reynisdrangar sea stacks
- Professional guide
- Free WiFi
- Pickup and dropoff
- Food and drinks
What do I need to bring
- Warm, water- and windproof clothing are always useful in Iceland. If you wish to walk behind Seljalandsfoss, it is highly recommended that you wear a waterproof out layer.
- Good sturdy shoes
- All tickets are e-tickets so there is no need to print them out.
- The duration of the tour is 10 hours
- There is no food included on this tour but there will be stops where you are able to purchase food
- Sólheimajökull glacier is a 15-20 min walk from the parking. Good shoes are very important.
- Reynisfjara is dangerous! It may not look like it but it is. Please study the signs carefully, don’t go too close to the water, and follow the instructions from your guide!
- A cancellation fee of 100% is charged if canceled with less than 24 hours’ notice.
For nature lovers, this is NOT a tour to miss!
Glacier Lagoon (Jökulsárlón) & South Coast Tour with boat ride